Current Market Cap: $402M (At the time of writing)
Block Explorer: https://explorer.energyweb.org/
Official Telegram: https://t.me/energyweb
Trading Telegram: https://t.me/energywebtrader
Informative Telegram: https://t.me/Energy_Web_Library
There are a lot of hypes in the DeFi (Decentralised Finance) space in the recent months. People overlook the potential of Energy Blockchain. The world is moving toward renewable energy. Renewable energy market is expected to reach $1.5 Trillions in 2025.
Energy Web Foundation (EWF) is a nonprofit organization focuses on building core infrastructure and shared blockchain technology with all its energy partners/validators. EWF was confounded by Grid Singularity and Rocky Mountain Institute. Grid Singularity was confounded by Dr. Gavin Wood (Co-founder of Ethereum, Chairman of Parity Technologies, Founder of Polkadot and Web3 Foundation). EWF’s partners are the biggest energy companies in the world like Shell, Engie, Eneco, General Electric (GE), Singapore Power (SP Group) and more.
Energy Web Token (EWT) is a token sitting on top of the Energy Web Chain (EWC). Its current utility is just like gas on Ethereum Blockchain. But, Staking mechanism is in the development and expected to be live this year. All the EWF partners own a certain % of EWT. They all have vested interest in the success of EWT and Energy Web Chain.
Complete list of Partners/Validators:
EWF and those energy companies have been working together for years. They have been experimenting on various use cases and proof of concepts using the EWT and Energy Web Chain since 2017. They have identified over 100 potential use cases using blockchain technology in the energy sector.
You haven’t see much hype yet because it is still under the radar.
If you spend some time doing research via posts on Twitter and Medium, you will know that the potential of EWT is HUGE…
Many use cases and proof of concepts that they have been experimenting in the last few years will go live this year.
One that went live recently is Energy Web Zero (EW Zero). Ripple (XRP) and ASA Automation are the First 2 partners using EW Zero. More partners are expected to come onboard this year.
Connection to governments of some countries (German, Austria, Belgium, Singapore, Thailand)
Connection to Dr. Gavin Wood (Co-founder of Ethereum, Chairman of Parity Technologies, Founder of Polkadot and Web3 Foundation, Co-founder of Grid Singularity)
Grid Singularity is the founding team of EWF.
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/gavin-wood-88843316/ (Grid Singularity)
Tip: Search for “Gavin” or “Parity”.
Tip: Search for “Various potential parachains connected to the relay chain”, you will see EWT logo on the Polkadot Parachain Slot.
Connection to Tesla and Elon Musk
Tip: EWF -> AEMO -> Tesla
This guy “Mario Pavlović” is working for both Tesla and EWF. There was a rumour saying this guy was hired by Elon Musk in Berlin.
Connection to Warren Buffett + Tesla
EWF -> NVEnergy -> Berkshire Hathaway Energy
EWF -> PJM -> Tesla
Utilities of Energy Web Token (EWT)
My Analysis: Why EWT will moon in 2021?
1. EWT is still under the radar. There is no hype on this token yet.
2. EWT is not listed on Tier 1 exchanges yet. I believe listing in Tier 1 exchanges will happen this year. Just ask yourself, which exchanges do not want to list a token that will be used by all the biggest energy companies in the world? This is a no brainer!
3. EWT is still under active development. There are many experimental use cases and proof of concepts which haven’t go live. Currently, it is only a Utility Token. Staking is in development and will be live in 2021. When the staking is live, you will be earning passive income by staking EWT under some services related to renewable energy.
4. EWT = Ethereum of Energy Blockchain. There isn’t much competitors in the Energy Blockchain space. EWT is millions of miles ahead of its closest competitor due to its technology advancement and partnership.
5. EWT is using Proof-of-Authority (PoA) consensus which invented by Dr. Gavin Wood. Polkadot is using PoA as well. Eventually, Energy Web Chain (EWC) will become a Relay chain placed under a Parachain of Polkadot. All the energy companies will stake EWT to get a Parachain slot under EWC.
6. EWF has connection to Tesla and Elon Musk. I am looking forward for the announcement of Tesla partnership with EWF.
7. EWF is working closely with government of some countries like German, Austria, Belgium, Singapore, Thailand.
8. EWT will have huge growth in adoption in 2021 when many of the use cases and proof of concepts go live.
9. Renewable energy market is expected to reach $1.5 Trillions in 2025. EWT will be one of the most important technologies in this transition.
10. The hype will come to EWT when people finally realise how big is EWT.